Monday, July 7, 2008

The cry of the unborn child by Myrtle Poor (c)

Your unborn cries out to you,
"Mommy, please! Don’t take my life.
I know you don’t know me yet,
For I’m such a tiny mite."
"I’m nestled here beneath your heart
Just waiting to be born,
Yet Mommy you want to kill me
Because you think I’ll bring you scorn."
"My grandparents loved you dearly,
When they gave you life.
Mommy, what have done so awful
That you’re condemning me to die."
I’ll love you with all my heart
And I promise to be good..
If you’ll only let me
I’ll do everything I should."
"If you kill me, I’ll go to heaven
For it was God that gave me life,
But I’m not sure you’ll meet me there
If you take away my life."
"There is no hate in heaven,
No murders will walk streets,
But I’ll be there with Jesus
Worshiping around His feet."

1 comment:

www.techcefacos.org said...

Hey Myrtle Poor,
Good day and nice seeing you poem online and would like to seek for you authourisation in using it for our local musical project here in Cameroon for the sensitization against abortion normally call here as D&C.
You can reach us ease through this email: techcefacosngo@gmail.com or telephone: +237 77839584
Bye for now and hoping for cooperation with you in making this project a success!
Best regards,
Yungsi/Sevidzem